Hostgroup tricks?

Axel Rosenski rosenski at wave-computer.de
Tue Nov 8 17:10:44 CET 2011

Hi Tim,

I don't have a direct reply, but perhaps a hint in another direction to solve
your problem.
Personally, I don't like negations and I don't recommend them.

I left the hostgroup empty and assigned all hostgroups in the host definition.
This looks like

define hostgroup{
   hostgroup_name                   hgrp-icmp
   alias                            ICMP
}

define host{
   use                              tpl-host-linux
   host_name                        127.0.0.1
   alias                            Nagios
   address                          127.0.0.1
   hostgroups                       +hgrp-icmp
}

Nagios will parse your config and will add this host to this hostgroup.

Perhaps this can help you
Axel

--
Axel Rosenski