Question about check_disk "-L" option

Dave Wallis wallis at aps.anl.gov
Mon May 9 19:08:48 CEST 2011

On Red Hat 6 clients, I need to monitor some NFS mount points for
conditions like stale NFS file handles. The "check_disk" plugin
describes the "-L" (--stat-remote-fs) option as providing this
functionality. However, either I'm not understanding how the option
works, or it's not working properly. Here is an example of what I'm seeing:

        # df -h /usr/local
        Filesystem                 Size  Used   Avail  Use%  Mounted on
        oxygennfs48:/usr/local     250G  214G   37G    86%   /usr/local
        #
        # ./check_disk -w 20% -c 10% -p /usr/local
        DISK WARNING - free space: /usr/local 37846 MB (14% inode=98%);|
        /usr/local=218154MB;204800;230400;0;256000
        #
        # ./check_disk -w 20% -c 10% -p /usr/local -L
        DISK UNKNOWN - free space:|
        #

Does anyone have any experience using this option, or have any guesses
why it's generating an error?

--
David Wallis

Principal Computer Engineer