Problem with Konica and Canon printer

Andre Tann atann at alphasrv.net
Wed May 4 22:59:36 CEST 2011

Hello Giorgio,

Giorgio Zarrelli, Mittwoch 04 Mai 2011:

> Imagine the OID as as dotted "address" string (like 1.3.6.x.x.x.x.x). Each
> OID points to a value and what that value does mean is described into a
> collection called MIB.

OK, I understand this.

> So, find the right MIBs for your printers, look into them, point out the
> correct OIDS and then, using snmpget, you can query the printers for the
> values you need.

Is there any good site where one can find those MIB tables? I was
googling for quite a while now, but everything I could find was that
the manufacturers don't give out any information on what OID means what,
and all you can do is guess. So no MIB for my canon nor my konica yet,
and guessing is not so easy.

What now?

Thanks for your help!

--