Nagios Weekly Service Check

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Wed Mar 30 23:41:19 CEST 2011

On 23 March 2011 09:39, Nair <vmanojv at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Friends
>
> I have below service check defined to perform check every Monday.
>
> define timeperiod{
> timeperiod_name only_mon
> alias Only on monday
> monday 11:00-17:00
> }
>
> define service{
> service_description TEST_SRV
> host_name localhost
> max_check_attempts 1
> normal_check_interval 120
> retry_check_interval 1
> check_period only_mon
> check_command TEST_CMD
> use template_TEST
> }
> The service was last reported on 2011-03-14 17:00:00.But,I am expected to get check reuslt on 2011-03-21 11:00:00. Can you please give me an idea why the weekly check schedule fails.

Firstly, note that Nagios will usually only record an entry in the log
if the status has changed.  Did you check the status of the service
and see what the last check time was?

If you only want one check at a specific time once a week, then
personally I would configure a script to run the check in cron and
send a passive check result to Nagios.    It's maybe a bit of a pain
to learn how to do it the first time but a very useful technique for
all sorts of things.

hth,

Jim