Web Hostgroups View / Screen ... hostgroups missing ...

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at cira.ca
Wed Mar 23 22:31:43 CET 2011

I have a User defined that, when I login, and click on Host Groups, only one of the two hostgroups for which he is a member gets listed … Although all of the hosts are listed if I go into the Hosts section …

For example, if I go under Hosts -> HostA, it shows 'Member of GroupA, GroupB' … If I click on either Group A or Group B, it gives me the error:

"It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you requested...
If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file."

Yet, as the same logged in user, if I go back to Hosts -> HostB, where HostB is a member of GroupC, and I click on GroupC, it gives me a listing of all of the hosts that are in GroupC (as I'd expect) …

By the fact that I can see the hosts in GroupA via Hosts, shouldn't I be able to see them Grouped as GroupA in the Host Group Screen?  Or is there something else that I need to enable that I'm not cluign into here?

Thx