A question on using send_nsca

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Mar 23 14:36:52 CET 2011

On 03/23/2011 10:50 AM, Dennis Kuhlmeier wrote:
> Hijacking this question a little, but maybe it will help other as well:
>
> On 22.03.2011 18:22, Jarlath Lyons wrote:
>> [root at jlyonslx test_harness]# /usr/bin/printf
>> "HOST\tSERVICE\tCRITICAL\tMy Message ....\n"  |
>> /usr/local/nagios/addons/nsca/send_nsca -H localhost -p 5667  -c
>> ./nsca_send.cfg
>>
>> 1 data packet(s) sent to host successfull
>>

> So far so good. But what abound sending Performance Data AND
> extended service output via NSCA and parsing that correctly?

Can't be done. Extended output can't be submitted to the command
pipe. Use merlin if you want to connect multiple nagios pollers
and have everything work seemlessly.

You'll find some basic info at
http://www.op5.org/community/plugin-inventory/op5-projects/merlin
and code at http://git.op5.org/git/?p=nagios/merlin.git;a=summary