Create services dynamically for a specific host

Kumar, Ashish xml.devel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 19:32:01 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Anand, Sakshi <sa185043 at ncr.com> wrote:

>  I have gone through this article. Not of much help to me :(
>
> Is it somehow possible that nagios fetches service name from passive check
> sent to it and display it as it is to nagios home page?
>
> Regards,
> Sakshi Anand

Perhaps you can try naming the service something like "Enterprise service".
Send all the passive checks to this service and prefix a label to the
message and send out the alerts immediately, e.g.

CPU CRITICAL - 100% utilised
MEM WARNING - 95% utilised
JBOSS WARNING - something strange in logs
ORACLE CRITICAL - RAC service XXXX down
crond CRITICAL - 0 processes running

If you are using e-mails for notifications then probably you might want to
change the format and focus more on the message, not service name.