Nagios port to Windows?

Mon Mar 14 01:43:05 CET 2011

I am wondering if there is a port of Nagios to Windows?

I have a distributed Nagios configuration with a central Nagios server. My problem is that many of the remote sites only have Windows servers; I can't justify putting another computer in there merely for Nagios. With a Nagios version running on Windows, these sites could fully participate in the distributed configuration, and enjoy all the benefits of Nagios.

Currently, I am instead using TNT Monitoring; I wrote it to just run the plugins and submit the results. But I find that I'd really like to add more and more features that Nagios already has (event handlers, for instance).

Rather than reinvent the wheel in TNT Monitoring, I was hoping that somebody may already have ported Nagios itself to Windows.

Thanks!

Kevin Keane
The NetTech
http://www.4nettech.com