ndoutils: servicestatus of passive checks

Olaf Gellert gellert at dkrz.de
Tue Mar 1 17:17:02 CET 2011

Hi all,

I have setup Nagios passive checks to get SNMP-traps into Nagios
(using snmptrapd -> snmptt -> submit_check_result). This works
fine, even automatic clearing of old results after some days
works as expected.

Now I have setup ndoutils and NagVis. A host that sent a snmp trap
has a status "warning" in the according nagios service. But NagVis
shows the host as green (all ok) and the SNMP trap service shows
"PENDING" (and as output: "the service "snmptraps" has not been
checked yet").

A short look into the MySQL database shows that nagios_servicestatus
does not contain any result for the SNMP trap service. Are the
results from passive checks not fed into ndo2db? Anything I might
be missing?

Cheers, Olaf

Olaf Gellert                          email  gellert at dkrz.de
Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH     phone  +49 (0)40 460094 214
Bundesstrasse 45a                     fax    +49 (0)40 460094 270
D-20146 Hamburg, Germany              www    http://www.dkrz.de