Nagios/Sendmail issue

Manish Kumar manikumar85 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 19:59:24 CEST 2011

Hi Frnds,

I have a setup in which nagios 3.2.3 is monitoring a number of servers and
network devices like cisco switches and routers. The issue is that i am
getting the email notifications very late for any problem. Is it the nagios
problem or my sendmail server both running on the same linux server FC 14.
Also i have setup my sendmail server to relay to other corporate mail server
which actually sends mail notifications. I am not able to find the root
cause of this issue. The issue can be one of the following Nagios problem,
My Sendmail problem, Corporate email server problem. what do u say :)

For your reference a delayed notification is pasted here:-

 FW: ** Network Host PROBLEM Alert: Cisco-CH_12_JPH_R5_ASC_01 is DOWN **
NOC-AS-CHK at mahindra.com [NOC-AS-CHK at mahindra.com] Sent: Tuesday, June 28,
2011 8:01 PM To:
Manish_Kmr<https://imailblr.mahindrasatyam.com/owa/?ae=Item&t=IPM.Note&id=RgAAAAC%2fBTsFi%2bxKQpKezLUhr5bBBwCa%2f5RJboJrSY152H0FO7CXAAD8SAAKAABoxTtoWvJcSYjqZklr9Gp6AAAX959oAAAJ#>