R: force event_handler

Craig Stewart Craig.Stewart at corp.xplornet.com
Wed Jun 15 13:44:09 CEST 2011

Marco,

My first thought would be to ensure that the send_nsca on the sender and
the nscad on the receiver are working.

In the nagios.cfg, make sure you have the following if you want system
wide obsessing:

obsess_over_services=1
obsess_over_hosts=1

I put this in a high level template for hosts and services so it applies
to everything:

General:
ocsp_timeout=10
ochp_timeout=10

For hosts:
obsess_over_host 1
ochp_command=host_submit_check_result

For services:
obsess_over_service 1
ocsp_command=service_submit_check_result

Make sure that the commands you specify exist.

Also, ensure that the service and host names match EXACTLY on the remote
and local system.  Otherwise you'll see entries in the log that look
something like
"Warning:  Passive check result was received for service 'Up/Down' on
host 'blah.blah.blah', but the host could not be found!" or something
similar.

The Nagios documentation is very good for distributed monitoring.  It's
what I used to build my setup.

Cheers!

Craig Stewart
Systems Integration Analyst