IPv6 support

Marc Haber mh+nagios-users at zugschlus.de
Thu Jun 9 21:30:34 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 06:19:40PM +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> Why? If the host is reachable via ip6, it's reachable via ip6 and
> that's what you configure. If it's not, you configure ip4 instead.

So one will need to configure a dual stack host twice, once for IPv4,
and once for IPv6, and resort to fancy parent-host or check_multi
setups to not be alarmed twice if it's the _host_ being down, and not
one of the IP procotols?

In fact, not being able to handle the "more-than-one-IP-per-host" in a
non-complex way is one of the greatest beefs I have with Nagios (see
web server, or a host which serves multiple services on different IP
addresses).

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190