RRDTool exits with errors -> ERROR: can't make a graph without contents

Mathew Walker lmw94002 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:40:42 CEST 2011

I recently ran into a similar testing Nagios/NagVis/PnP4Nagios.

To throw it out there... you are using an older version of PNP as they're beyond 0.6 now.

I was trying to add a new service and testing.  I had been tweaking the check's command line options to find the write output I wanted.  Once the check worked how I wanted, I noticed I was getting an error on the graph.  Since this was a new check, I deleted the existing RRD files that had been created and let new ones get created.  That corrected the issue.  I assume the RRD file was initially created with incorrect parameters as I was changing the check during my initial testing.

--
Mat W.