RRDTool exits with errors -> ERROR: can't make a graph without contents

Navdeep Sidhu Navdeep.Sidhu at tatatel.co.in
Thu Jul 28 13:48:58 CEST 2011

Hi

I'm using Nagios 2.8 with RRD tool version 1.0.50 & PNP version 0.3

installed. Nagios is running on RHEL-4. I'm facing an issue in RRD Tool.
Recently I have configured this tool

for Cisco devices (under serviceextinfo.cfg file) so that memory & CPU

utilization should be available in graphs however I'm getting following

error when trying to view the graphs.

RRDTool exits with errors -> ERROR: can't make a graph without contents.

This tool is working fine with Intel platform servers & displaying the

graphs however not working in Cisco devices.

I'm pasting excerpt of my host configuration & serviceextinfo file to
provide clear picture. In fact, in Nagios web console, I'm able to see
Memory & CPU utilization of Cisco devices however unable to view the
graphs. I'm using check_snmp_mem.pl plugin to capture Memory utilization
of Cisco devices. Let me know if any other info required from me.

Excerpts of host Configuration File

define command{

        command_name    process-service-perfdata

        command_line    /usr/bin/perl
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/process_perfdata.pl

        }

Excerpts of Serviceextinfo File

define serviceextinfo{

              host_name                            L3-Switch

              service_description               MEM

              action_url
/nagios/pnp/index.php?host=$HOSTNAME$&srv=$SERVICEDESC$

              }

I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Regards

Navdeep

i-choose online store at www.tataindicom.com
Your Comfort.Your Convenience.YourChoice.

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments from your system. Any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.TATATELESERVICES LTD. (including its group companies) shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. TATA TELESERVICES LTD. (or its group companies) does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.