FW: Help required please for custom OWA monitor

Roberson, John J.Roberson at tees.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 11:31:37 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have a problem that I am trying to monitor and would be grateful for any help. What I want to do is check individual emails via outlook web access (OWA) for a specific error.

The error occurs when the email is opened and is related to an archiving tool we are using. For information, the achieving tool is EAS. The error manifests itself in two ways. Firstly when the email is opened via OWA a HTTP 5000 Internal Server error appears. Is it possible to create a monitor to log on to account, open the first email and capture the resulting error?

The second way the error can be detected is by examining the size of the email in OWA if the email is 25k it is likely that the problem exists. So my second question is, is it possible to monitor a OWA account and check for emails of a particular size.

If you have any ideas of how to resolve this issue please contact me.

Regards,

John Roberson
ICT Senior Technical Officer

Room CL2.51a
Clarendon Building
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
TS1 3BA

Internal Extension:2848
Direct line: (01642) 34 2848
Fax: (01642) 34 2925
Mail to:j.roberson at tees.ac.uk

This email (and any attachments) is intended for the above named only and may contain private and confidential information.  If this has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone.  Please notify the originator immediately.