Macro values don't seem to be consistent

Claudio Kuenzler ck at claudiokuenzler.com
Tue Jul 19 17:05:40 CEST 2011

A manual correction in retention.dat didn't work - from somewhere the wrong
alias entries came back. I still don't know from where though.

After deleting the retention.dat file and restarting Nagios, the correct
alias values were shown and now the notifications of the affected servers
are correct again. This is a dirty workaround though, as Nagios needs to
recheck every server and services and looses scheduled host downtimes,
acknowledged states, etc.

It would be great if someone knew from where exactly the alias values came
back into the retention.dat file. It can't be the host definition and
neither objects.cache (as you can see in previous mails).