Problem with contact groups

Brandon Munger bmunger at edison.edu
Tue Jul 19 15:46:04 CEST 2011

Nagios-Users,

I'm having some difficulty figuring out where this problem is occurring.
I have hosts defined that inherit various templates but for some reason,
I cannot define a contact group to the hosts.  It appears that it pulls
the admins contact group from the template, and when notifications are
sent, it doesn't look at what the host contact group value is.  I had
thought that any host options would override the template defaults, but
it seems to not be the case.  I would like to have the admins defined in
the templates for when I do not define a contact group on a specific
host.  Is there anything else I should look at?  Thank you.

--
Brandon Munger
Unix Administrator

Please note: Due to Florida's broad open records law, most written
communication to or from College employees is public record, available
to the public and the media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail
communication may be subject to public disclosure.

You are the Key to Information Security: http://www.edison.edu/technology/security/