Antwort: Re: Redundant network monitoring

Radu.Popa at technomatic.de Radu.Popa at technomatic.de
Mon Jul 11 15:27:38 CEST 2011

Hello and thank your for your answer!

The plugin should be really good for any service, but what about graphing
the perf data?

Let's take the following example:

1 server has two IPs: 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.1

I would like to monitor the CPU load via wmi queries on the machine. I
would like to be able to get it first over the 192.168.1.1 and if it
fails, it should be queried the next interface, 192.168.2.1. If that one
fails, it should be put in the critical state. As as result I should
obtain performance data from any interface which is available or a
critical status. The perf data can be used later to be graphed in PNP4
Nagios for example.

Ideas?

Thank you!