Sending notifications from the US to NL

Fournier, Wim wfournier at comscore.com
Wed Jul 6 09:18:47 CEST 2011

Hi all,

How would one go about sending notifications from a datacenter in the US
to the engineers on call in the Netherlands? I'd like to avoid using the
Internet, as the location may be having networking issues when it tries to
notify the engineers. I was thinking about SMS using the GSM network, like
we do in NL, but isn't there a huge delay in delivering those messages
overseas? And how is the coverage of GSM in the US?
Also, if GSM is indeed the way to go, does anyone have some hints on
hardware that works well in the US?

Kind regards,

Wim Fournier