Checking for live systems once every night.

Toonz IT it.toonz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 07:15:16 CET 2011

We have added the checking time period in timeperiods.cfg file. and it is
correctly showing in the Host State Information
  Host Status:
  UP
 (for 0d 1h 41m 11s) Status Information:PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA =
0.22 ms Performance Data:rta=0.221000ms;3000.000000;5000.000000;0.000000
pl=0%;80;100;0 Current Attempt:1/10  (HARD state) Last Check Time:01-18-2011
10:00:00 Check Type:ACTIVE Check Latency / Duration:0.141 / 6.732 seconds Next
Scheduled Active Check:  01-19-2011 10:00:00 Last State Change:01-18-2011
10:00:16 Last Notification:01-18-2011 10:00:16 (notification 0) Is This Host
Flapping?
  NO
 (0.00% state change) In Scheduled Downtime?
  NO
Last Update:01-18-2011 11:41:22  ( 0d 0h 0m 5s ago)     Active Checks:
  ENABLED
Passive Checks:
  ENABLED
Obsessing:
  ENABLED
Notifications:
  ENABLED
Event Handler:
  ENABLED
Flap Detection:
  ENABLED

But we are getting notification every 30min, we have now edited the cofig
file of the system and set notification to 720, as we need a notification
only after every 12 hours. Hope this is the way to do it!!

Please advice. *Our aim is to collect information on systems which has not
been shutdown at 10pm every night when most employees have already left the
studio.*