About the process of Nagios

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Fri Jan 14 00:31:26 CET 2011

2011/1/7 織田 成飛 <fj6573ez at aa.jp.fujitsu.com>:
> Hello all.
>
> I would like to ask a question regarding to the behavior of Nagios check.
> Delay has occurred in processing of Naigos check.

Is that delay of an Active check or a Passive check?

> When external command processing occurs, what does internal processing become?
> Is internal processing after external processing execution performed?
>
> External Command{cacti → Nagios(Passive services)}
> ⇒ Internal processing{ Nagios(Active service)}
>
> Please let me know about processing of Nagios.

I'm not sure if they will tell you all you need to know, but if you
haven't read them already, take a look at the "Active Checks" and
"Passive Checks" pages under
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/toc.html

The first place to look when fixing performance problems with Nagios is:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/tuning.html

I hope that helps you a little.

Jim