Plugins

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Fri Jan 7 09:01:18 CET 2011

On 7 January 2011 06:52, Glenn Bilocca <glenn.bilocca at sprachcaffe.com> wrote:
> Hi all Nagios users,
>
> I’ve installed and configured the basic Nagios on a linux server and I’m
> quite pleased by the monitoring functions it has. As you can see I’m quite a
> newbie for such program but can you tell me if there any plugins or other
> functions which I can add to safeguard and monitor more my networking
> system?

Some useful plugins for monitoring network equipment cant be found at:

http://nagios.manubulon.com/

To make use of performance data gathered by Nagios, use PNP4Nagios 0.6:

http://docs.pnp4nagios.org/start

You might also want to receive SNMP traps and alert on them in Nagios.
 There are various ways people do this.  One of the easiest is to use
NagTrap:

http://www.nagtrap.org/doku.php/en:start

hth,

Jim