Nagiosgraper

Clyde Jones cjones at exelixis.com
Fri Jan 7 01:56:39 CET 2011

Rikard Dahlberg <mailto:ej_seg at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Right, pnp4nagioS  seems slicker.
>
> However, after i've installed it, i got this error , did you
> get that also? If so, how did you work around it? : "
>

> PNP Error
>
> Please check the Kohana documentation for information about
> the following error.
> application/models/data.php [104]:
> perfdata directory "/usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/perfdata/" is
> empty. Please check your Nagios config. Read FAQ online
> <http://docs.pnp4nagios.org/faq/3> "
>

> /Rik

Hi
Check to make sure process_perfdata.pl is finding your perfomance data.
 I was getting that error until I manually ran process_perfdata.pl with
log level set to 2 (from etc/pnp/process_perfdata.cfg).  I saw that
process_perfdata.cfg was not looking in the right places for the process
data (I have nagios installed to /opt/nagios instead of
/usr/local/nagios). I symlinked /opt/nagios/var to /usr/local/nagios/var
(until I can figure out what is going on), and my data appeared.

Pnp4nagios is a *LOT* better than nagiosgrapher

--
Clyde Jones
R&D Informatics
cjones at exelixis.com
Exelixis Inc
650 837 7085 Office
650 228 4699 Cell

This email (including any attachments) may contain material
that is confidential and privileged and is for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by
others or forwarding without express permission is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete all copies.
Exelixis, Inc. reserves the right, to the extent and under
circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor
and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.