Check_openmanage-- Current probes not found

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Thu Feb 24 21:57:05 CET 2011

Joe Beck <JBeck at urbn.com> writes:

> Yes, just after sending this post I did the things you identified.
> Verifed model vs others where this issue was not happening
> We have several r610's & this is only one with the issue.
> Then I went & looked at the omsa version & found this one was running 5.9
> where the others had 6.4
> I removed & installed 6.4 but same result.
> I also had some question/confusion about best way to identify the version;
> in fact it may have already been running 6.4.
>
> I'm grep'ing for version; tried running cmds with -v & --version, etc but no
> luck in seeing which version via the cmds

This command will tell you which version of OMSA you're running:

  omreport about

There are other ways as well:

  http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/check_openmanage.html#how-can-i-find-out-which-version-of-omsa-my-server-is-running

I'm not sure if you understood my question about the servers being
identical. I didn't mean the model (I assumed the model would be the
same), but hardware-wise. Specifically, are they alike with respect to
number of power supplies?

In any case, the next step will be to examine the installed OMSA
software components. On RHEL and derivatives such as CentOS, you can do
this by comparing the output from 'rpm -qa|grep srvadmin' from healthy
boxes versus the failing one. Also check that the running OMSA services
are the same.

Since this is happening on only one server, and you have probably
installed OMSA in exactly the same way on all the servers, you may have
a real hardware problem. If all else fails, you should contact Dell
support and have them look at it.

Regards,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo