Check_openmanage-- Current probes not found

Joe Beck JBeck at urbn.com
Thu Feb 24 19:46:26 CET 2011

Yes, just after sending this post I did the things you identified.
Verifed model vs others where this issue was not happening
We have several r610's & this is only one with the issue.
Then I went & looked at the omsa version & found this one was running 5.9
where the others had 6.4
I removed & installed 6.4 but same result.
I also had some question/confusion about best way to identify the version;
in fact it may have already been running 6.4.

I'm grep'ing for version; tried running cmds with -v & --version, etc but no
luck in seeing which version via the cmds
Good box:
grep version /opt/dell/srvadmin/etc/omreg.cfg
OMDataEngine.omilcore.version=5.9.4
hapi.omilcore.version=5.9.4
Instrumentation.omilcore.version=5.9.4
openmanage.omacore.omilcore.version=4.3.0
openmanage.omhip.omilcore.version=4.3.0
openmanage.version=6.4.0

Bad box(in terms of pwrmonitoring):
grep version /opt/dell/srvadmin/etc/omreg.cfg
OMDataEngine.omilcore.version=5.9.4
hapi.omilcore.version=5.9.4
Instrumentation.omilcore.version=5.9.4
openmanage.omacore.omilcore.version=4.3.0
openmanage.omhip.omilcore.version=4.3.0
openmanage.version=6.4.0

So look to be the same, not sure what else to try

On 2/23/11 3:55 AM, "Trond Hasle Amundsen" <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no> wrote:

> Joe Beck <JBeck at urbn.com> writes:

> I have a couple R610¹s
> Some run
> omreport chassis pwrmonitoring & return output
> I also have 1 that returns:
>
> # omreport chassis pwrmonitoring
> Power Consumption Information
>
> Error :
> Current probes not found
>
> Does this mean that this module just isn¹t
> installed or ???
>
> At this point, do I just alter the nagios service to
> exclude pwrmonitoring?

Hi Joe,

I think the next point should be to
> investigate why OMSA behaves like
this. I've seen this error before, but on
> older servers with old OMSA
versions (5.4.0). A simple restart of OMSA
> (srvadmin-services.sh
restart) may be the solution and should be attempted
> first. The next
step would be to reinstall OMSA and verify that everything
> gets
installed.

Usually, if power monitoring information is not available,
> OMSA should
say something else and more informative.

Is the problematic
> machine identical to the ones that work?

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen
> <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services,
> University of
> Oslo

> ------
Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data
> in
Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT
> data
generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical,
> virtual
or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new
> business

Nagios-users mailing
Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/li
> stinfo/nagios-users
::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and
> OS when reporting any issue.
::: Messages without supporting info will risk
> being sent to /dev/null

Joe
--

Joe Beck | IT-Open Systems Engineer | urban outfitters inc.
5000 South Broad Street | Phila., PA 19112 | 215.454.7737 | jbeck at urbn.com