check if SAP login is possible

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Wed Feb 23 17:48:20 CET 2011

Mark,

thanks, I hope this will work out, since the web page shown is not where
you enter login data. You have a "login" button, and when you click on
it, a JavaScript window pops up where you may enter your logon data.

I played around with Ton's module, but never with WWW::Mechanize (or
LWP), so I don't know how far this may help. I'll look into it soon.

But this is only one method to log in, the other one is via the generic
SAP GUI or the SAP PLATIN GUI, which is a Java tool. And I have no idea
how to wrestle with those. Here it would be sufficient to get the
standard login screen, the login itself is not needed, since during the
hangup even the login screen did not appear. I can't say if this is the
same for the web page. Until I'm proven wrong, I'd say this is the case
and therefore it is sufficient to test the availability of the page ;-).
It is not sufficient to check the validity of the https certificate -
this check was "OK" all the time.

Maybe of of the 6000+ items I can check via check_sap_cons can help, but
how do I know? :-\

Regards,
Werner

Frost, Mark {PBC} [23.02.2011 16:45]: