nrpe CheckEventLog

Mark Elsen mark.elsen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 14:34:27 CET 2011

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I fear the main problem here is the lack of knowledge that's sat in-between my chair and my pc :)
>
> I've edited the ini file on the server to allow both arguments and nasty chars and restarted the service.
>
> If I use the -a switch after -c checkEventLog all I get back is 'CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes from daemon... blah, blah blah...'
>
> To me, that's suggests something isn't right on my windows server end, but what?

 As far as NSC config file on windows server 2003 is concerned I have :

;# COMMAND ARGUMENT PROCESSING
;  This option determines whether or not the NRPE daemon will allow
clients to specify arguments to commands that are executed.
allow_arguments=1
;
;# COMMAND ALLOW NASTY META CHARS
;  This option determines whether or not the NRPE daemon will allow
clients to specify nasty (as in |`&><'"\[]{}) characters in arguments.
allow_nasty_meta_chars=1

  For the rest this, probably, only, means that there is a syntax
conflict pending. Trial and error should lead to pinpointing the
problem
  Als remember the versioning issue.

M.