Monitoring unmounted partition

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Tue Feb 8 14:22:32 CET 2011

>     Im having a problem with check_nrpe. Im monitoring a partition
>     /mnt/XXXX2 f.e. If i dont have this partition mounted, it just
>     returns the value of "/" witout sending any error. <br>
>     How can i get an alert when the partition isn`t mounted.<br>

Oooof, plain text, please.

I don't know that what you want is possible - if the partition isn't
mounted, the OS can't read any information about it.

Is this a local partition or a remote filesystem (ala NFS)?  If it's
remote, you might use the -X flag to check_disk to exclude any of the
local filesystem types, so at least you'd get an error if it's not
mounted instead of returning the information for /...

Benny

--
"Hairy ape nads."        -- Colleen, playing Neverwinter Nights