nagios plugin - it's a toggle. stop checking?

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Sun Feb 6 15:39:23 CET 2011

>So is there a way that I can tell my Nagios plugin "Now that you've got
>an OK status, go to sleep and wake up when the time period starts again"?

This is what Passive Checks are for, I do exactly what you describe here. My
backup sets the state to warning, a failure to finish would, or a caught exception
would either immediately trigger a notified critical, or trigger a notify on
critical as a result of the lack of freshness determined by the time period.

Either way, no active checks are done, and I am notified ni every situation.

jlc