Nagios Optimization on CentOS

Gregory Phillips gregory.m.phillips at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 27 22:48:45 CET 2011

Are you using fping instead of regular ping? It is a different package from
ping that needs to be installed separately. Here is an excerpt from its man
page:

fping  is a like program which uses the Internet Control Message Proto-
       col (ICMP) echo request to determine if a target  host  is
 responding.
       fping  differs  from ping in that you can specify any number of
targets
       on the command line, or specify a file containing the lists of
 targets
       to  ping.  Instead  of  sending  to  one  target  until it times out
or
       replies, fping will send out a ping packet and move on to the next
tar-
       get in a round-robin fashion.

Good Luck,

Gregg.