Nagios Cluster with Load Balancing and High Availability

Aravind M D aravind at linuz.in
Wed Dec 14 07:19:26 CET 2011

Quoting Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se>:
>> On 08/26/2011 11:05 AM, Aravind M D wrote:
>   >> Hi
>   >>
>   >> I need to configure two physical servers as active-active cluster and
>   >> configure Loadbalancing with High availabiltiy for Nagios.
>   >>
>   >> Can somebody help me how to achieve this.
>   >>
>   >> I have checked some of loadbalancing modules like mod_gearmen,
> merlin and
>   >> DNX. If any one knows about the difference between these
> modules please let
>   >> me know.
>   >>
>   >
>   > If you want loadbalancing with takeover capabilities, Merlin is your only
>   > choice. The other two rely on a single Nagios instance to do
> scheduling and
>   > notifications. If that instance crashes, mod_gearman and DNX
> can't help you
>   > get any info at all.
>   >
>   > It might be possible to couple them so that mod_gearman and Merlin work
>   > together, but you'd be entering unknown territory with that mix
> and I would
>   > be quite surprised if it worked completely without problems the
> first time
>   > you try it.
>   >

I like to use merlin for laodbalancing and high availability Nagios setup.
I have checked the Merlin webpage i can see last release was on 2010-06-18
after that no new releases. But when i checked the git repository i can
see latest version is v1.1.12 whether i can use this version for
producation environment if so how can i get this version.

Thanks in advance

- Aravind