Windows.cfg missing

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Dec 12 13:23:25 CET 2011

On 12/12/2011 01:18 PM, Niels Jende wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> as I am still a newbie with nagios but willing to learn, I hope you
> wont mind if my upcoming question might sound silly to you.
>
> I read that to monitor windows servers that I should find a
> windows.cfg file in ~/objects/
>
> Well I dont have neither a directory called objects nor such a file.
> In /usr/share/doc/nagios3-common/examples/template-object/ I found a
> windows.cfg file.
>
> So, is it okay for nagios to simply create a directory ~/objects/ and
> copy the windows.cfg file in there? Or what do I have to do?
>
> As said before, I am new to nagios and I am running a debian wheetzy
> with nagios 3.2.3

Reading TFM is usually a good idea when you're new to a product and
have no idea what it can do and how it works. Or you could hire a
consultant and get him to RTFM and then tell you about what's in it.

That's the rude way of saying: Your skill-level so far is so low that
you fail to ask the right questions. That makes it very uncompelling
to try to help you, since you'll keep on asking the wrong questions
for a very, very, very long time, until you possess at least most of
the knowledge that BTFM (browsing the friendly manual) would give
you.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011