monitor printer from Windows server

Claudio Kuenzler ck at claudiokuenzler.com
Thu Dec 1 20:20:37 CET 2011

Besides of course the Spooler Service, you should also monitor the Windows
Event Log.
I've experienced a lot of driver issues on an old Windows print server
which temporarily caused the affected printer(s) to appear as 'offline'.
Such problems appeared in the event log as Warnings with the message
content something about the driver. That was on a Windows Server 2003, but
I think such driver problems are still logged to the Event Log.