check http port 80 warning on a site that actually exists.

Pete Dewell pete at stuff-done.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 11:26:10 CEST 2011

My guess is that the server is possibly set up to always respond with a
404 on the IP address.

check_http -H www.ludicash.com
check_http -H www.ludicash.com -S

both return OK.

If you set up your host definition with the FQDN in the "address" field
rather than the IP address, it should work OK. I do this on several OWA
servers/certificates that I monitor, and haven't had any problems so far.

Pete Dewell

Pete Dewell | Stuff Done
pete at stuff-done.co.uk

** The information contained in this message, including any
attachment, is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. The information is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete this message from your
system. Any review, re-transmission, distribution or other use of this
is prohibited. *