Determine previous service state in notification script

Jonathan Thorpe jthorpe at Conexim.com.au
Mon Aug 1 03:32:02 CEST 2011

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the reply.

This would make sense, however I still want to make sure we get email notifications when warnings occur.

Unless there's a way we can do this with a services template as well?

Thanks,
Jonathan

>What I'd like to do is customise my notification script so that it only sends storage
>warnings (and their accompanying recoveries) as SMSes during business hours only.

How comes you don't simply make a service template for these checks, or simply
add the notification particulars to the storage based services? My guess is a one
time tweak of the service def to a new template might allow you to solve this and
adjust easily in the future.

jlc