Strange problem using the obsessive/compulsive service processor in Nagios Core 3.2.3

Giacomo Montagner gmontagner at sorint.it
Thu Apr 28 07:56:24 CEST 2011

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:29:57 -0500
Eric Michaelis <combinare at gmail.com> wrote:

> Primary server:
> Runs all active checks, and uses the mklivestatus broker for Nagvis maps and
> other visualizations.
> Uses the OCSP to send results of all active checks to the second server.
>
> Secondary server:
> Receives checks from the primary server.
> Logs service check results to a MySQL database using NDO.

Hi Eric,
I tried that setup and found the same problem. Are you using nsca to send
host/service check results to the secondary server? Even without NDO I
found that nsca took almost 1s to complete its task and every other
action was suspended in the meanwhile.

I used a perl script + NDO/MySQL on the primary to replicate check results
on the secondary (I posted it on this m-l, on the thread: "nagios server
redundancy") but sometimes it misbehaves apparently (and I had no time to
investigate/fix it up). That's the only solution I found to make
asynchronous replicas.

Another way should be merlin plugin, but the latest stable does not work
with nagios 3.2.3

Bye.
Giacomo