check_openmanage

Ashcor Technologies ashcor at optonline.net
Wed Apr 27 16:20:41 CEST 2011

> Ok, this actually clarifies things. Clearly, NSClient++ ignores
> everything after 'check_openmanage.exe' in your NSC.ini. There is no
> way
> that check_openmanage would complain about fans etc. when the option
> '--only storage' is specified. Since it works from command line we can
> safely assume that NSClient++ is the problem. This explains your
> issues
> with the timeout option as well.
>
>   I've looked on your site for the dev versions and am happy to try
> them but don't see a zip with the .exe.  Is there an .exe available
> for the dev?  also, which dev version would you prefer I try, 3.6 or
> 3.7?
>
> I could make a PE32 executable for the dev versions, but in your case
> it
> won't help, so there is really no point. Your problem is that
> NSClient++
> ignores the plugin options.
>
> Since I don't use NSClient++ I can't offer any insight into how it
> should be configured, but my first attempt at a fix would be to put
> the
> entire command in quotes in NSC.ini.

I agree, I don't think the problem is with check_openmanage.  I've tried
every combination I can think of between enclosing the command in the
INI file in quotes to passing the parameters to the NSClient from NRPE
in quotes.  Even double checked the INI parameters concerning
arguemnts.. all looks correct...

I guess I'll move on to the NSClient mailing list.

Thanks so much for all your help and work on this Trond, it's very much
appreciated!

Jeff