check-openmanage errors after upgrade of openmanage

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Wed Apr 27 15:23:57 CEST 2011

Ashcor Technologies <ashcor at optonline.net> writes:

> I ran check_openmanage.exe --only storage locally and it worked fine.
>
> I then changed the NSC.ini to have:
>
> command[check_openmanage]=check_openmanage.exe --only storage
>
> and restarted the NSCLient++ (x64) service in test mode.
>
> the results:
>
> d NSClient++.cpp(1106) Injecting: check_openmanage:
> d NSClient++.cpp(1142) Injected Result: WARNING 'Problem running
> 'omreport chass is fans': Error! No fan probes found on this
> system.<br/>Problem running 'omreport chassis temps': Error! No
> temperature probes found on this system.<br/>Proble m running 'omreport
> chassis volts': Error! No voltage probes found on this system.'

Ok, this actually clarifies things. Clearly, NSClient++ ignores
everything after 'check_openmanage.exe' in your NSC.ini. There is no way
that check_openmanage would complain about fans etc. when the option
'--only storage' is specified. Since it works from command line we can
safely assume that NSClient++ is the problem. This explains your issues
with the timeout option as well.

> I've looked on your site for the dev versions and am happy to try them
> but don't see a zip with the .exe.  Is there an .exe available for the
> dev?  also, which dev version would you prefer I try, 3.6 or 3.7?

I could make a PE32 executable for the dev versions, but in your case it
won't help, so there is really no point. Your problem is that NSClient++
ignores the plugin options.

Since I don't use NSClient++ I can't offer any insight into how it
should be configured, but my first attempt at a fix would be to put the
entire command in quotes in NSC.ini.

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo