R: R: R: error in nagiosql install

Thomas Anderson zelnaga at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 06:12:51 CEST 2011

Seems to me like the NagiosQL people ought to be using phpseclib
(phpseclib.sourceforge.net) instead of the PECL ssh2 extension.  It's
better supported, much more portable and surprisingly, faster, too:

http://kevin.vanzonneveld.net/techblog/article/make_ssh_connections_with_php/#comment_3759

ssh2_exec(), from libssh2, also returns ANSI color codes and sometimes
never returns output and sometimes does (it's inconsistent).

>Well
>
>I download nagiosql 3.1.1 again.
>Uncompress and move it to /var/www/html/nagiosql
> [root]# ls -la
>drwxr-xr-x 10 	root root 4096 26 apr 10:13 .
>drwxr-xr-x  4  	root root 4096 26 apr 10:13 ..
drwxr-xr-x  2  	root root 4096 26 apr 10:13 admin
-rw-r--r--  1    	root root 7883 26 apr 10:13 admin.php
drwxrwxrwx  3 root root 4096 26 apr 10:13 config
-rw-r--r--  1 	root root 1150 26 apr 10:13 favicon.ico
drwxr-xr-x  4 	root root 4096 26 apr 10:13 functions
drwxr-xr-x  2 	root root 4096 26 apr 10:13 images
-rw-r--r--  1 	root root 2577 26 apr 10:13 index.php
drwxr-xr-x  8 	root root 4096 26 apr 10:13 install
drwxr-xr-x  3 	root root 4096 26 apr 10:13 libraries
drwxr-xr-x  2 	root root 4096 26 apr 10:13 scripts
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4096 26 apr 10:13 templates

I set a new mysql root password.

I see that I have not config/settings.php file and see same warning (see
Check.pg)

[root]# ls -la config
rwxrwxrwx  3 	root root  4096 26 apr 10:13 .
drwxr-xr-x 10 	root root  4096 26 apr 10:13 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 	root root 26286 26 apr 10:13 fieldvars.php
drwxr-xr-x 15 	root root  4096 26 apr 10:13 locale
-rw-r--r--  1 	root root 10277 26 apr 10:13 main.css

Running the installation I still have same problem (see the Error.jpg)

Reading nagiosql documentation I see:
Requirements
  Webserver e.g. Apache 1.x or above
  PHP 4.3 or above
  MySQL 4.1 or above
  Nagios 2 or above
  PEAR Module: HTML_Template_IT 1.1 or above
  PHP Extension: gettext
  PHP Extension: mysql
  PHP Extension: ftp
  Javascript enabled at your Webbrowser

How can I verify/install  PEAR MODULE and the three PHP extensions ?

Regards