check_openmanage

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Tue Apr 26 16:44:23 CEST 2011

Ashcor Technologies <ashcor at optonline.net> writes:

> Ok, now new and exciting changes... no matter what I do I get: WARNING
> PLUGIN TIMEOUT: check_openmanage timed out after 30 seconds.
>
> I have -t 60 set on the check_openmanage command and also on the NRPE
> check command line and in the NSC.ini.  nothing seems to change the
> timout beyond 30 seconds.
>
> (yes, I've restarted the nsclient++.exe on the remote server).

Hmm.. Unless the server is under very heavy load you're still having
OMSA problems. I'm guessing that some probe doesn't respond properly and
just hangs.

If the problem is load related, you should consider checking via SNMP
instead.

What model PowerEdge is this btw?

Regards,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo