check_openmanage

Ashcor Technologies ashcor at optonline.net
Tue Apr 26 15:44:13 CEST 2011

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Trond Hasle Amundsen wrote:

> Ashcor Technologies <ashcor at optonline.net> writes:
>
>> Thanks for the reply.  I just realized from your question that I'm
>> using a pre-compiled .exe version of your check_openmanage from here:
>>
>> https://www.monitoringexchange.org/inventory/Check-Plugins/Hardware/check_openmanage-exe
>>
>> which was probably created from an older version...
>
> Yeah I think it's pretty old. A PE32 executable for Windows is
> available
> in the zip and tar.gz archives, and as a single file download:
>
>   http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/check_openmanage.html#download
>
> Upgrading to the latest version will probably solve your problem. Let
> me
> know if it doesn't.
>
> Cheers,
> --

Trond, thanks for that, I didn't realize you had .exe's in the archives
on your site, guess I should have looked ;)

now my problem is this...

Problem running 'omreport chassis fans': Error! No fan probes found on
this system.<br/>Problem running 'omreport chassis temps': Error! No
temperature probes found on this system.<br/>Problem running 'omreport
chassis volts': Error! No voltage probes found on this system.

on the NSC.ini i have the following line added and I restarted the
NSClient++ service

command[check_openmanage]=check_openmanage.exe -b fan=all

even tried

command[check_openmanage]=check_openmanage.exe -b fan=0

however it still tries to check the fan.  I suppose i have a syntax
error?