Semi-newbie Question

Simone Felici s.felici at alpikom.it
Thu Apr 21 09:41:56 CEST 2011

AFAIK if you have configured a service to check 3 times befor send any notification, than this
option cannot be override:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nagioscore/3/en/statetypes.html

The first two "non-ok" states are in SOFT-STATE based on the max_check_attempts. You could try with
event_handlers but are most used to correct an issue instead to force a notification, but could fit.
They could be trigged in SOFT-STATE too.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nagioscore/3/en/eventhandlers.html

BTW this would not log correctly the 503 error as an HARD-STATE issue for report pruposes.
I would set up a new service. It's cleaner. It could be a wrap-up of the check_http script to handle
only 503 errors.

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Simon