Monitoring HP Procurve Interfaces

Martin Hugo Martin_Hugo at hboe.org
Tue Apr 19 18:27:56 CEST 2011

Here is my command:

/usr/bin/perl ./check_iftraffic3.pl -H 10.4.228.2 -C <password> -i F24 -b 1000 -I 1000 -O 1000 -u m

And it returns:

Average IN: 3.63MBs (2.91%), Average OUT: 3.93MBs (3.14%)<br>Total RX: 1634.52 MBytes, Total TX: 2705.54 MBytes|inUsage=2.91%;85;98 outUsage=3.14%;85;98 inBandwidth=3.63MBs outBandwidth=3.93MBs inAbsolut=1713920494 outAbsolut=2836966927

I did notice that when I run the command from the command line (as Nagios user) it writes the file to /tmp but I do not see the file being updated by Nagios.  Plus, if I delete the file created by the command line operation, nothing get saved to /tmp when the web check happens.

Marty