Why is check_openmanage so slow on PowerEdge R510?

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu Apr 14 15:09:15 CEST 2011

> At one time we had a battery that didn't finish charging for a week,
> called Dell and got a replacement battery. This was during a regular
> charge cycle. In your case I would give it a few more days.

> But, as we in fact did experience a case where the battery never
> finished charging I would advice against this. We just ignore the
> battery charge warnings unless they persist for days. It can be
> annoying, but we decided that we can live with it :)

Trond,

   Is there anything in OMSA that tells how *long* a battery has
been charging?  I simply got so tired of the charging warnings
that I blacklisted the bat_charge totally, but I'd still like to
detect that type of error - where the battery never finishes
charging.

   If OMSA has it, it would be great to have the option within
check_openmanage to specify a length of time threshold for battery
charging.  :)

Benny

--
"Hairy ape nads."        -- Colleen, playing Neverwinter Nights