Correct syntax to check paging file usage on Windows 2008 R2 64-bit server

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Apr 6 19:05:21 CEST 2011

Hi there --

I am running Nagios 3.1.2 with OpMon, formally NSClient, agent 2.0 installed on
a Windows 2008 R2 64-bit system. I have several
counters that are being monitored on the client including CPU Load, Disk Usage,
Memory Usage, Server Uptime, and Paging File Usage.
All counters except Paging File Usage appear to be running without issue.

The error message that I am seeing with Paging File Usage is the following:

NSClient - ERROR INVALID COUNTER - PagingFile(_Total)% Usage - ERROR CODE:
0xC0000BB8 -

I have a Windows 2003 R2 64-bit server that is being monitored with the same
counters, and the Paging File Usage counter does not
return an error. The syntax for the command in question, taken from the
commands.cfg file, is shown below:

# 'check_nt_pagingfile' command
define command{
        command_name    check_nt_pagingfile
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 5667 -v COUNTER -l
"\\PagingFile(_Total)\\% Usage","Paging Fileusage is %.2f%%" -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
        }

Does anyone know what change(s) are needed to the above command, assuming it can
still be used, in order for it to accurately
keep track of the paging file in the Windows 2008 server?

Thanks.

dispose of the e-mail.