Configuration Planning

Cory Clouse cclouse at fecon.com
Tue Apr 5 14:30:53 CEST 2011

Ok, I am still pretty shallow into the subject so my questions may be a
little easy/un-researched.

1.       With nagios, are you supposed to define hosts in the cfg files
in a folder you have to create called objects? Or is this done through
the website through the asset page.

2.       Also, I feel like my server is not communicating with my nagios
sensor. I was trying to test that by sending a command but I get the
"Sorry Dave" error. In regards to that, I had the use_authentication in
the cgi.cfg set to 0 just to test if I could send a command and I still
got that same error. So how do I set that up securely? What passwords
need to match where?

This will help me get started with the nagios configuration. If you have
any other suggestions or pointers they would be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot,

Cory