3.2.1 - Service check did not exit properly - perl script

Ed Donahue liberaled at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 23:45:05 CEST 2010

I was trying the suggestions from this thread:
http://markmail.org/message/kkl7gs4iso5pqghk#query:+page:1+mid:fhx5dhz7qm64ij5p+state:results

but my check still fails.

I can run it as user nagios (su - nagios) on command line (bash) but
nagios doesn't like it.  I had it working on another nagios server
3.2.0 on CentOS release 4.8 (Final)
I am now on CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
I added this to the script: use lib '/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins';
only change I made.

perl -wc check_otm_fti_https
check_otm_fti_https syntax OK

Here is the line that give back the good result:

                        if($buffer =~ m/$LINK/)
                        {
                        print "FTI is Up \n";
                        exit(0);

On the screen via the command line I get the output of 'FTI is Up'

Thanks