Bug in check_openmanage ?

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Thu Sep 23 10:50:18 CEST 2010

rbn31 at free.fr writes:

> OOPS! Something is wrong with this server, but I don't know what. The
> global system health status is CRITICAL, but every component check is
> OK. This may be a bug in the Nagios plugin, please file a bug report.
>
> The status change from OK to Unknown...
>
> Is anybody can help me to debbug ?

Hi Rémi,

Thanks for reporting this.

As an extra precaution, check_openmanage will check the global health
status in addition to each of the components, providing you don't use
blacklisting and/or check control such that the global check can be a
false positive.

This case seems to be a real issue where a component is bad and the
global health status reflects this. The component in question is not
checked by the plugin for some reason. I'd like to narrow down the
suspect pool. If you have login access to this server, can you send the
output from the following command:

  omreport chassis

If this command reports that everything is OK, we're probably dealing
with a storage problem.

Just to rule out blacklisting bugs etc., what is the command definition
for check_openmanage in your Nagios config?

Regards,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo