check_procs high frequency "Plugin timed out after 10 seconds"

Watanabe, Kazuo deep.sea.odyssey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 12:00:15 CEST 2010

Dorfman, Justin <justin <at> mahalo.com> writes:

> Have you tried adjusting your Check Frequency?

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/configmain.html#check_result_reaper_freq
uency

<at> jdorfman |  <at> MahaloSysops | Blog: http://bit.ly/aNiWSkOn Thu, Sep 16,
2010 at 11:01 PM, Watanabe, Kazuo <deep.sea.odyssey <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using check_procs for crond processes monitoring via NRPE.The plugin
has been reporting "Plugin timed out after 10 senconds" many times.Sometimes
OK, Sometimes above.

> The target system resource: no high loadThe crond process: working
normallyChecking ps command manually: showing crond process normallyOther
monitoring: CPU, MEM, DISK works wellOther machines using same plugin: no
problem

> Error log: I could not find any error log
>
> The target machineOS: RHEL3 x86Kernel: 2.4.21-20.ELsmpNrpe: 1.2.5Plugin:
check_procs v1758 (nagios-plugins 1.4.11)nrpe.cfg: check_procs -c 1:10 -a
crondnormal check interval: 5minmax retry attempt: 3

> retry check interval: 5min
>
> I would like to know what is the root cause and the solution for this
situation.

> Regards.Kaz

any issue.

any issue.

Thanks for your reply.

No, I didn't.
Because this symptom occurs only the crond process monitoring of the target
machine.

Regards,
Kaz