Service rescheduling after the commit

Yu Watanabe yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri Sep 17 15:15:47 CEST 2010

Hello all.

I would like to get an advice with the service check rescheduling mechanism.

I am using nagios 3.0.6 on Linux machine. I have realized that if the
next scheduling time specifed in the status file collides with the period
 of nagios restart, nagios seems to reschedule the time.

Specifically, on certain service,

next schedule time is set as         2010-09-10 22:46:34
nagios restart occurs on             2010-09-10 22:46:16 *
next schedule time is rescheduled to 2010-09-10 23:01:38

Would there be a way to make nagios check immediately rather than rescheduling?

Thank you!
Yu Watanabe